Feedback Welcome, Launching Public Records Directory Site in the US

• JESSE
    JESSE

28 points

Hi All,

I am launching Etsiva.com which is a directory of nearly 30,000 public records websites in the US. Etsiva roughly translates to “detective” in the Finnish language. Catchy huh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

My primary audience includes researchers, journalists and investigators who need a good way to find public records information (criminal records, etc).

I have indexed and categorized all of the sources – you can browse all of the by category here

Categories include things like criminal records, federal records, property records, tax liens, etc.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have.

For future enhancements – I’m thinking of possibly integrating BuddyPress.

Thanks!

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

12,525 points

Hello Jesse,
    Looks great.Though the Contact button at the top is not responsive.You could use bootstrap responsive buttons instead

edith

6 points

Got a question for you, but how did you have all those search result for public listing return after a search so accurately.

I run business directory site for owners to list their businesses, and customers to review them. What I am running into is I have to enter every business manually. That takes time trying to list 20k business.

Is there a way to automate the process. for example if I want all the plumbers listed for Houston is there a way to do this automatically with code or some sort of plugin?

JESSE
    JESSE

28 points

Hi Edith,

You’ll want to use the import/export plugin, which allows you to import directly from a spreadsheet into your directory site.

You can access it here.

CSV Spreadsheet Import Plugin

Hope that helps!

Jesse

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

12,525 points

Thanks for sharing Jesse :)

edith

6 points

seems that you have to add every business manually in the spreadsheet, which is time consuming

JESSE
    JESSE

28 points

Hi Edith,

Not really. I maintain most of the listings in an Access database locally, then I upload them to the site using the CSV Import plugin.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.