Expiry emails going out a year early

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,208 points

did you update to 6.6.2+ as i fixed this in that release.

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

D
    D

134 points

Yes I updated to that yesterday and still got the error emails.

I have updated to 6.6.3 today and Ill let you know if I get the emails tomorrow.

Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru

2,699 points

Thanks!

D
    D

134 points

Yay an email free day. It might be fixed Yay. That error was making me look like more of an idiot.

Alfred
    Alfred

26 points

The last response for this item seems to be several years ago, but I am experiencing the same problem with the one-day email expiry notice. Despite having previously updated the expiry date upon receiving the 30-day or 15-day email, I still get the one-day notice (with the new expiry date displayed). Example:

Dear User:

Your listing in the Find Quality Consultant online directory will expire in one day. This is you last chance to retain visibility among potential customers for just pennies per day. Please renew your listing now!

Listing Details:
    Title: ISOguru Inc.
    Link: http://findqualityconsultant.com/listing/isoguru-inc/
    Date: September 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Kind Regards,
    Find Quality Consultant Directory Management.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Hello Alfred,
    Which theme version are you using please?

Alfred
    Alfred

26 points

Thanks for responding, Josh.

I have the Directory version 8.9.6. I deleted the 1-day expiry email, hoping this would resolve the issue as indicated in previous discussion within this forum, but I just noticed the same issue is now occurring with the 15-day expiry email. Example:

Dear User:

Your listing is due to expire within 15 days.

Listing Details:
    Title: Iowa State University Extension Program – CIRAS – Baldrige Quality Award
    Link: http://findqualityconsultant.com/listing/iowa-state-university-extension-program-ciras-baldrige-quality-award/
    Date: October 2, 2018 8:07 am

Don’t lose this opportunity to have your business displayed to prospective worldwide customer for just pennies per day! Please go to your listing to renew it now.

Kind Regards,
    FQC Management.

Any insight into this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, Al.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Please update your theme first.Latest version is 8.9.7

Alfred
    Alfred

26 points

Josh, is there an auto-updater for this, because my WP-Admin page indicates that WordPress and my Themes are already updated (yet I have 8.9.6)? Do I have to do this manually by first renaming or deleting the old DT folder (which really means I’m “replacing” the entire theme)? That sounds scary to me, with the possibility of having to re-do child theme customization work.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Hello Alfred,
    There is no auto-update currently hence you will need to update manually.
    Update should not affect your child theme.Please backup first before updating

Steps to update:
    1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: http://www.premiumpress.com/account/ then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme and Activate
    5. Done.

Alfred
    Alfred

26 points

OK, I did the 8.9.7 upgrade for the directory theme. So far, no more erroneous expiry emails. Thanks!

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Thanks for updating Alfred.Have a great day :)

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.