Email assignment to send reply to website visitor not logged in

• Mark

12 points

Hi All,

Please can somebody help.

I’m wanting to be able to send a reply to a message from a non member enquiry.

The initial message sends fine to the member who owns the listing however when that member replies it’s not going to the email address of the person who sent the message in the first place.

I’m guessing I’ve not set the email assignment up correctly.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Mark,
    By default you cannot reply to messages sent by non-members.You will need edit/customize theme core files to change this.Please post here >> http://www.premiumpress.com/designwork/

Mark

12 points

Hi Josh,

thanks for the reply.

If that’s the case how can you disable the send private message option for non-members as it’s confusing at the moment. Would like to warn that you need to be logged in / registered or display message to say must be logged in before sending or even disable the message

Please advise.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Mark,
    1.Go to Theme Setup >Page Setup >Listing Page >Turn On ‘Enable Custom Display’ >Click ‘Get Code from Default Section’ (Page will refresh and some codes will appear)
    2.Locate the shortcode [CONTACT] or [CONTACTBAR].Enclose that shortcode in the shortcode [membership].
    More info: http://www.premiumpress.com/docs/#MEMBERSHIP
    For Example:
    [MEMBERSHIP show=1,2,3] [CONTACTBAR] [/MEMBERSHIP].The numbers (1,2,3) represent the Membership Package ID which you can view under Listing Setup >Membership Packages.So in my code above only members falling under the Membership Package with ID as 1 or 2 or 3 will view the contact button
    You can then add a text somewhere in same section (Page Setup >Listing Page ) notifying users they must be logged in to contact listing author

Mark

12 points

Hi there,

Thanks for the update.

I can’t seem to turn the [CONTACTBAR] off at all!

I’ve tried removing it completely but as long as the {CT_IMAGEBLOCK] is present the message button remains.

Also I’m not using Memberships so only need to turn the Send Private Message bar off if not logged in.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Mark

12 points

Hi,

any update as I’m still struggling to turn the [CONTACTBAR] off for none logged in users?

I’ve tried removing it completely but as long as the {CT_IMAGEBLOCK] is present the message button remains.

Also I’m not using Memberships so only need to turn the Send Private Message bar off if not logged in.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Mark,
    The method I provided above will not work without Membership Packages.Please create atleast one Membership Package for this to work.You don’t have to display the package to users.You can hide it and link it to a Listing Package,this way when a users selects a Listing Package they are automatically assigned the Membership Package
    You can use a css code to hide the button.Theme Setup >General Setup >Custom css:

.shortcode_imageblock-title a.btn {
    display:none;
    }

Mark

12 points

Thanks for your help Josh.

Managed to achieve the switch with a little custom css

.shortcode_imageblock-title a.btn {
    display:none;
    }
    .logged-in .shortcode_imageblock-title a.btn {
    display:inherit;
    }

An improvement I’d like to add to that is to display an alternative button saying
    “Register to send private messages”
    with a link to the register page
    https://totallysheep.co.uk/wp-login.php?action=register

Could you let me now which php page I’d need to modify and approx where.

I’m in the process of creating a child theme for all my mods so could include the mod as I create it.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Mark,
    Nice trick :)
    Please try below code under Theme Setup >General Setup >Custom CSS >Footer Styles

<script>
    if (!jQuery(".logged-in")[0]){
    jQuery('.shortcode_imageblock .price').after('<a href="#">Login to send message</a>');
    }
    </script>

This will replace the button with a text when a user is not logged

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

Mark

12 points

Hi Josh,

That’s great, just the job Thank You!

Mark.

D
    D

126 points

Getting back to your initial query of email replies not going to the sender. There is an app you can buy that remedies this problem and makes your site function and look more professional

Contactform Shortcode for Responsive PP Themes

Mark

12 points

Ok I’ll take a look.

So would you replace the [CONTACTBAR] in the List in Page => Listing Page => Custom Display section with the [CONTACTFORM] shortcode?

Remembering removing [CONTACTFORM] had not effect on the display.

Mark.

Mark

12 points

Hi Josh,

Ok the code you gave me works a treat however one little thing, how do I get it to display after the underline like the logged in Private Message button. Currently it displays between the Price and the underline.

Thanks,

Mark.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,264 points

Hello Mark,
    Try below code:

<script>
    if (!jQuery(".logged-in")[0]){
    jQuery('.shortcode_imageblock hr').after('Login to send message');
    }
    </script>

Mark

12 points

Perfect Just the job! There’s now consistency between each messaging message. I just added some styling to the button and it looks almost identical.

Thanks for your help.

Mark.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.