Editing or removing Country & State List

• Mizanur
    Mizanur

16 points

Hi I am using the Responsive Shop Theme version 8.9.6 with the Golf Shop Child Theme.

I wish to restrict or disable the Country & State lists in My Account and also for Shipping/Deliverdetails in the Guest Checkout.

Basically I will only be selling in the United Kingdom and I do not require the other countries.

How can I easily do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru

1,085 points

hi Mizanur.

you can remove the other countries via class_search.php file in ST/framework/class folder

Mizanur
    Mizanur

16 points

Marie,

Thank you for your reply, I removed all the other countries and states leaving UK only (see attached file) and replaced the class_search.php in framework>class folder but I got the following error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’, expecting ‘)’ in /homepages/31/d670918310/htdocs/clickandbuilds/OutdoorCover/wp-content/themes/ST/framework/class/class_search.php on line 10

Please advise if I have incorrectly edited the attached class_search.php file or if I am doing something else wrong.

Also I am using the Golf Shop child theme and I also tried uploading a copy of the attached class_search.php into the Golf Shop child theme folder but no change at all. Isn’t it supposed to override, I ask this because any future updates will replace the edited file and I will have to repeat the process.
    Therefore is there a way to make this work within the child theme I am using?

Mizanur
    Mizanur

16 points

The file was not uploaded….so here it is attached in different format.

Note that I have only edited out the other countries and states as highlighted in yellow.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mizanur
    Mizanur

16 points

I have managed to sort it out now, when I edited a fresh class_search.php and uploaded, it worked.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,599 points

Thanks for updating Mizanur :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.