an
groups-icon

Directory Press 6.5

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    John Wood
    0 points
    Beginner

I put 6.5 on:

https://explore119.com (no plug ins)

as a test to see if it would be more functional than a fresh 6.3 install on another URL. In particular that DirectoryPress install was popping all sorts of functional errors which were solved by flushing the site and re-installing WordPress and DT 6.3. By the way, I am seeing 6.3, not 6.3.1 which isn’t available in downloads.

My conclusion is that 6.5 is a mess.

Page design management is quite unfriendly via IE11 in particular the home page “drag and drop”. Chrome and Firefox are functional, but I am fully invested in Windows 8.1 hardware, so I tend to default to IE11.

initially a text version mobile menu persisted to the left of the header when in fluid design on my desktop. Switching a few times between fluid and fixed caused that to go away and the theme to apparently settle down.

Given that I am mobile focused, the 1170 wide is manageable, I build wider for desktops but making the actual slider “fluid” trashes the desktop experience.

The image uploader in the slider control is dysfunctional, which doesn’t allow you to upload new slider images. You can upload via the media tools and then copy/paste. Not good for workflow.

The built in slider can’t decide whether it is fluid or fixed size between images as it downsizes between images which results in a flashing effect. Note my main computer monitor is a 27″ Dell WQHD so full screen drags that slider to 2560 wide.

Even if you only have one site, workflow has to be important, but that is second to functionality. I really wanted DT to work, to the point that I have a series of sites with fresh (last week) 6.3 installs waiting for me to import the core design.

The non-responsive theme may have been obsolete, (non- responsive=obsolete), but it worked. You want tools to help manage workflow/work load, not add more grief.

April 24, 2014 at 6:26 am
  • Clive Boosey
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    April 24, 2014 at 7:46 am
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 24, 2014 at 10:55 am
  • John Wood
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 24, 2014 at 8:53 pm
  • Clive Boosey
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 25, 2014 at 5:20 pm
  • Glenn Earls
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 25, 2014 at 10:58 pm
  • Amy Desjardins
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 26, 2014 at 1:46 am
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 26, 2014 at 2:29 am
  • Harry James
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 27, 2014 at 9:13 am
  • Guido Hoogsteder
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 29, 2014 at 12:50 pm
  • John Wood
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    April 29, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Views

Replies