Dating theme search field

• Beth
    Beth

83 points

hi can you help me with this please Josh?

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Beth,
    Which fields do you want to remove

Beth
    Beth

83 points

Background & heritage

hobbies and leisure

my appearance

my lifestyle

can you tell me how to do this please and how to add them ?

thanks

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Try below code under Theme Setup >General Setup >Custom css

.fg-dagender .col-md-12 .form-control option[value="5"],option[value="6"],option[value="7"],option[value="8"] {
    display: none;
    }

Beth
    Beth

83 points

Hi its still the same

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Beth,
    Just to be sure we are referring to the same section,the code am providing is for the homepage Advanced search next to the couples image.
    Please clear your browser cache and check again.If using a cache plugin please disable it first.
    If still not working please send me your admin login details so I can do this for you >>joshnjengak@gmail.com

Andrew

3 points

Hi Josh, In Custom CSS, I Already Have the Below Script. Did One of You Add That? Instead of Having to Edit the Default PHP Script, I’d Rather Use the CSS Script. Do I Need the Below Script? :–)

.fg-dagender select option:nth-child(4), .fg-dagender select option:nth-child(5), .fg-dagender select option:nth-child(6), .fg-dagender select option:nth-child(7), .fg-dagender select option:nth-child(8), .fg-dagender select option:nth-child(9) {
    display:none;
    }

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Andrew,
    Which fields do you need to remove and from which section please?

Andrew

3 points

I Already Removed the Below by Making the Quotes for them Empty, but I’d Rather Comment them Out so they Don’t Come Back with Updates. Also, on Profiles Having it by Default Male Looking for Male is a Very Poor Part of the Premium Press Templates. Please Fix the Default to Male Looking for Female ASAP! That Should be the Next Upgrade! :–)

27) Couple
    28) Group
    31) Background & Heritage
    32) Hobbies & Leisure
    33) My Appearance
    34) My Lifestyle

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Andrew,
    You can remove them directly by editing the file defaults_dating.php located in theme core files

Andrew

3 points

Instead of Editing (defaults_dating.php), and (class_search.php), I’d Rather Commet Out Groups, Couples, Etc., as well as Most Countries, but Your Examples in This Thread Don’t Seem to Commet Out Any of the Selections. Even After I Replaced Your Quotes with New Quotes. :–)

I Also Tested the Browser Inspect Tool, but After Watching the Video About That, I’m Still Not Sure How to Comment Out That Way. :–)

Michael

3 points

Hey Josh…
    I am having the exact same problem as Kashif. Adding the code below in custom css to remove unwanted search options will also remove the drop-down list options in daeth, daeye, dahair, etc. Can you help me with this or post exactly how to fix this issue? It seems to be a common problem.

UNDER CUSTOM CSS

.fg-daseeking option[value=”3″],option[value=”4″],option[value=”5″],option[value=”6″],option[value=”7″],option[value=”8″]
    {
    }

.fg-dagender option[value=”3″],option[value=”4″],option[value=”5″],option[value=”6″],option[value=”7″],option[value=”8″]
    {
    }

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Michael,
    Exactly which fields do you want to remove please and from which section

Michael

3 points

Hey Josh…..
    I was able to remove [Couple, Group, Background & Heritage, Hobbies & Leisure, My Appearance, My Lifestyle] from the Search drop-down list by commenting out the choices (line 395-396, 401-404) in defaults_dating.php. It did not affect [daeth, daeyes, dahair, etc.] like adding code to Custom CSS. See below and thanks for the help.

“25” => __(“Male”,”premiumpress”),
    “26” => __(“Female”,”premiumpress”),
    //”27″ => __(“Couple”,”premiumpress”),
    //”28″ => __(“Group”,”premiumpress”),

“29” => __(“Looking For”,”premiumpress”),
    “30” => __(“I’m a”,”premiumpress”),
    //”31″ => __(“Background & Heritage”,”premiumpress”),
    //”32″ => __(“Hobbies & Leisure”,”premiumpress”),
    //”33″ => __(“My Appearance”,”premiumpress”),
    //”34″ => __(“My Lifestyle”,”premiumpress”),

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Thanks for sharing Michael :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.