CUSTOMIZING CONTACT FORM

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Classifieds Theme CUSTOMIZING CONTACT FORM

CUSTOMIZING CONTACT FORM

November 3, 2017
 suman

• suman
    Newbie 2 points

Hi!
    I am wondering to customize contact form on listing page. I am using Classified Theme. Can you tell me which file do I need to customize? and Hints would be appreciated !
    The reason for I want to update is
    – When visitor fill out and try to contact listing author,
    Website admin email address will use on email
    when listing author reply, email will send to website admin , Not to whoever fill out that contact form.

That’s ridiculous.
    On next version please fix this.
    [ NOTE: don’t want to use third parties plugin ]

November 3, 2017 at 2:28 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Suman,
    File to edit is CT >framework >class >class_shortcodes.php

November 3, 2017 at 8:13 am
  • Jason
    Jason
    Titan 771 points

Hiya Josh.

As the dates have been removed from here I cannot tell when the above was mentioned.

I guess question is, has this been altered for new Release ?

April 8, 2018 at 10:19 pm

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

I think it works the way it does because if the From email address has the same domain as the website it is being sent from it is less likely to end up in spam.
    I think the correct thing to do is for Mark to add Reply To address to the email and set this to whoever filled out form so when listing owner hits reply it goes to the correct person.
    I modified my own website to add Reply To field by making mods in class_core – not ideal.

If anyone is playing with version 9 could they check how it works there. If it still works as Suman reported then we need to report to Mark and get him to add Reply To field.

April 9, 2018 at 10:29 am

• Sarah
    Newbie 14 points

Mark Fail – can you clarify if this has been updated. I have the same issue as I create most of the listings and when somebody sends in an enquiry it come to my email address and I have to forward this on. Is there a work around or is this being changed in the next update?

June 19, 2018 at 9:56 am

• Janak
    Super Guru 1,277 points

Sarah, I’ve raised this with Mark and in the he is going to address this in the next version 9 release by setting Reply To field on the message to the enquirer’s email so when listing author hits reply it will go to the enquirer.

June 19, 2018 at 2:09 pm
  • Jason
    Jason
    Titan 771 points

Janak, Sarah,
    We all know this is how it shouldve been from years ago for the reply button to go directly back to sender visa versa.
    Have no idea why only now he is listening to us and if making the fairdinkum necessary changes.
    Lets just hope it goes to next level of the best there is

June 19, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team