an
groups-icon

Criticize Critique & Comments Please!

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    0 points
    Beginner

I’m a neophyte when it comes to creating a WP directory and beachbarlife.com was my first attempt. I’ve already posted this and I think I posted it to the wrong section? Anyway, I’d truly welcome all criticism and opinions on what I could do to enhance the website’s overall users experience. At the same time attract bar owners to list their business and get readers to become more personally involved with the site. Including things like, adding their favorite waterholes, images and write short reviews.

Summation: https://beachbarlife.com

The site was theoretical to be straightforward niche business directory. The site is still a work in progress. With a blog and site gallery. Permitting registered members to add their beach tiki bar tavern etc. to list their businesses and enabling registered members to also upload related images and add their favorite drinking establishments.

I started working on https://beachbarlife.com last May. I hired a freelancer from Guru. After 4 months of assurances and little progress I was forced to essentially start over. Hiring another freelancer who did a better job. However, he was unable to continue. Fortunately, I found premiumpress.com’s forum and asked if anyone could point me in the right direction and help me find a qualified, fair and reliable freelancer. Josh suggested contacting Codeable. Which I did and am working currently. The site is fundamentally done from my amateurish point of view. But I know its unready for prime time and hopefully someone can help me and my freelancer get it ready?

Hosting: Currently hosted at Godaddy on a shared hosting package.

Plugins:
    Include Yoast SEO Premium, NextGEN Plus/ NextGEN Gallery, WP FAQ Plus, Premium Age Restriction Plugin (Which I’m not sure makes registering/logging-in to demanding) MailChimp,

Please help me try to make the site as good as it can be. I’d really appreciated your input and advice. Don’t be bashful I’ve got thick skin. So, please don’t worry about my feelings! https://beachbarlife.com/

Thank you in advance for your time and input. Cheers, Jim

November 29, 2016 at 12:14 am
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    November 29, 2016 at 6:15 am
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 29, 2016 at 8:36 pm
  • Josh njenga
    -10 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 30, 2016 at 3:02 pm
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    November 30, 2016 at 3:07 pm
  • Glen Lloyd
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 10, 2016 at 5:18 pm
  • 0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 10, 2016 at 6:53 pm
  • Calvyn Lee
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    January 1, 2017 at 3:42 am

Views

Replies