an
groups-icon

Couple of Question on Car Dealer

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Francois Zietsman
    7 points
    Beginner

I want to use the Car Dealer theme for a client that has a garage. So the site will not be used for adding listings by the public. They will have 1 user that will do all their listings.
    I played around with the theme a little and have a few questions as everything is not really working as it should.

1. The Featured sticker does not display on the Home Page but works fine on listing pages etc.
    2. Is it possible to Hide empty categories (empty taxonomies) from the Make and Model as the client don’t want people to search for something that is not listed (available in their garage) and come to a page “Sorry, nothing found page…”?
    3. Maps are not working – gives a JavaScript error – see attachment “Maps”
    4. In the search field, is it possible to have the “Year” populate depending on the “Make” and “Model” selected? For the same reason as point 2 above, the client doesn’t want someone to search for something that’s not listed, in other words the “Make” and “Model” may be available, but not for that year and the visitor will be greeted by “Sorry, nothing found page…”
    5. When the client wants to “Edit” a listing, they can’t add enhancements anymore. For example, the client might want to change certain listing to featured and remove another one from featured without going into the back-end.
    6. Enhancements overall can’t be set to free option, so even though it’s a single dealer they can’t add certain listing to featured without paying for that feature. As soon as an enhancement is set to 0, it totally disables that enhancement.
    7. On the single listings page it has a few buttons. Can the “Report” button be removed as it will be a single dealer site? See attachment “Report”
    8. Is it possible to add transmission types. Currently there is only “Automatic”, “Manual” and “Semi-Automatic”. There are more transmission types than those 3 available. For example: Triptronic etc…
    9. Can the “Type” be edited as we would like to add more types like 4×4, 2×4, Dubble Cab etc…? Another thing, some of the Types is in starting Capital letter and some are all lowercase and I suppose this can be fixed in the Language setup. See attachment “Types”
    10. When you add a listing and choose “Make and Model” it’s fine, but when you edit a listing it removes the “Model” and it’s not available anymore as it shows other makes – see attachment “Editing”. You need to first select another “Make” to refresh the “Model” field again. In other words, if I edit a listing for a price change for instance, it removes the “Model” automatically and I need to select another “Make” so that the “Model” field refreshes, then re-select my original “Make” and “Model” again.
    11. On the listing page, is it possible to have the currency symbol displayed in front of the amount? And to have comma separation in the price? See attachment “Currency”
    12. The “Saving Changes” does not always show when a listing is saved.

I couldn’t add the one “Editing” attachment as the max is 4.

URL: test2.visualweb.co.za

Help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 25, 2016 at 12:49 pm
  • Marie J
    347 points
    Silver User
    Bronze User Silver User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial Feedback Developer Badge
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    July 26, 2016 at 2:20 am
  • Igor Alekseev
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 25, 2016 at 3:39 am
  • Francois Zietsman
    7 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    August 25, 2016 at 5:51 am

Views

Replies