Contact Page for registered subscribers only

• Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

How do I make the Contact Page for registered subscribers only as I dont want just anyone who isnt a user to send emails

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    You can only restrict access to pages using Membership Packages.See attached image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

I tried this and didnt work. I viewed my site via another browser never logged into, and it allowed me as a randon visitor to send email.

So what if someone just wants to add a listing, can they do this without having a membership package, SOOOOO who can use the contact form , A person adding listing OR person who has membership, or do they must have both ?

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    By default any user can use the Listing contact form,whether registered or not.
    If you only want registered members to use the form you can use the [MEMBERSHIP show=1,2,3] content here [/MEMBERSHIP] shortcode. >>http://www.premiumpress.com/docs/#MEMBERSHIP .The digits 1,2,3 represent your Membership Package ID which you can get under Theme Setup >Listing Setup >Membership Package.
    Go to Theme Setup >Page Setup >Listing Page >Enable Custom Display >Get Codes From Default Layout (This simply copies the listing page code for you instead of accessing the file directly).After the pages saves go back to same section and enclose the [CONTACT] shortcode between the [MEMBERSHIP][/[MEMBERSHIP] ie [MEMBERSHIP show=1,2,3] [CONTACT][/[MEMBERSHIP] and Save Changes.This will only allow users with the Membership Package with the ID you used to view the Contact Author button

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

Can I ask you, can you personally make that change in yrs and take a snapshot of it pls to show me exactly what it will look like b4 i click save. ?

I have a feeling i will mess it up good without yr pic

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

Attached pic.

I cant tell how many spaces, and the brackets in pic

Attachments:

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    My above instructions will not mess your site.I have already done this before and plus I would never give you instructions that would mess your site.Don’t worry about the spaces,they have no effect,having them or not.
    Why not create a test site to play around with instead of working on a live site.Creating a test site is really simple.You can create one on your local server using Wamp or Xammp,so many articles online on how to do this.You can also create a test site in your live server by creating a subdomain.
    Creating a test site will allow you play around with the theme and learn the theme features without worrying about messing up.
    My shortcodes above are as displayed.I have already provided a link to the shortcode documentation so you can refer if unsure >>http://www.premiumpress.com/docs/#MEMBERSHIP
    Take sometime to play around with the theme Jason

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

Can I do it here, or that wont work global ? pic attached

Attachments:

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    Please follow the instructions I gave above if you want to prevent certain users from accessing the contact form.I have made the instructions as simple as possible so you can easily follow through.
    Also please view the theme tutorials.Most issues giving you problems are already covered in the tutorials

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

Pic attached

I cant find any of the words that even look like MEMBERS or CONTACT in here

Attachments:

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    The [MEMBERSHIP][/[MEMBERSHIP] is not there,you have to add it.Did you really read the information in the link I provided or my instructions above.The [CONTACT] shortcode is already there.Please see my attachment

Attachments:

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

iM GALD YOU SHOWED ME THE PICTURE, COZ IN YR TEXT TELLING THE CODE IS ACTUALLY ONE EXTRA [/ JUST AFTER [CONTACT], AND THE PIC DOESNT HAVE IT.

sO I SHALL INSERT THE SAME AS YR PICTUR.

SORRY ABOUT CAPS ON, DIDNT REALISE TILL ALL THIS WAS TYPED

Jason
    Jason
    Titan

714 points

Ok done it,mine is identical to yrs, but, how come the contact form can still be accessed by just a visitor, nothing has changed ?

Pic attached

Attachments:

Douglas
    Douglas

102 points

Hello Jason… Follow these instructions to limit access to your contact form.

To restrict access to the contact page use the menu item ‘pages’ in the screen that opens choose ‘contact’. a menu will open as you move the mouse across the name that allows you to click ‘edit’

In the edit screen there is a section that says ‘page access’. If you select anything except ‘all member access’ only that class of membership will be able to open the contact form.

As always… What works for me might not work for you. I’m not responsible for any harm you do by following my instructions. I don’t know what else you’ve done to your system.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Hello Jason,
    Make sure you have Membership Packages.Replace the digits 1,2,3 with the Membership Package you only want users to view the contact form.Send me your admin login details so I can help you out with this >>joshnjengak@gmail.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.