Comparison Table Problem in Mobile Devices

• Chuck
    Chuck

70 points

When viewing a site on a mobile devices, the user only sees 2 columns on the comparison table – the Price and Buy Link columns. (see pic)

At the very least, the user should be able to see which retailer that price is for.

I don’t see anywhere to change this in the admin area so does anyone one know what file(s) control this table in mobile view and possibly what code needs modified?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Majeed

7 points

Dear Chunk ,
    Even i have same issue…
    Did you got solution ?

2) Also can you suggest a code , where i can reduce the Font size of title of product in each product description page , as well in Homepage products tab

Chuck
    Chuck

70 points

No, I never came up with a good solution. I ended up modifying my site a little but to make it a product search engine rather than a price comparison site, so I don’t even use the price comp table, the compared products or the listings pages anymore.

As far as the font size on those titles, the best way to go about this is to learn to use the Firefox or Chrome “inspect” tool to find out what CSS selector is assigned to whatever element you want to modify, then make the appropriate adjustments/changes in your custom CSS box for that page.

Be aware that, from my investigations, most titles in these scripts do not use their own CSS selectors. Rather they are just h1, h2, h3, tags. Therefore changing the size, weight etc on them would change it throughout the whole site on ever text that uses that h1, h2, h3 tag, not just on the page you want.

The only other way would be to modify core files to give each title you want to modify it’s on CSS class selector, which is not recommended unless you know what you are doing and you make notes of every change you make so that you can go back and reapply the changes after you do an update. This is a lot of work if you make a lot of core changes, so it’s not recommended.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.