Autoexport-handel.de – 75.000 Listings and running ;-) DT's true greatness!

WordPress Business Themes Forums Showcase & Website Feedback Autoexport-handel.de – 75.000 Listings and running ;-) DT's true greatness!

Autoexport-handel.de – 75.000 Listings and running ;-) DT's true greatness!

April 13, 2016
Arkadiusz Arkadiusz
  • Arkadiusz
    Arkadiusz
    Newbie 2 points

Hello my dear Premiumpress community,

i’m a silent reader of the Premiumpress forum since 2012 and many of you have helped me out of trouble unconsciously through their topics & threads ๐Ÿ˜‰ My warmest thanks for all of you!

..but now i can’t keep my mouth shut anymore and want to pay a high compliment to the Premiumpress Framework, it is the most reliable and stable directory framework i’ve ever worked with.

I just created a Website – Autoexport-Handel.de – based on the Directory theme which has more than 75.000 listings! This framework is the only one i know, which is able to handle this massive amount of listings. All other themes/frameworks i’ve worked with, became crippling slow as soon as it reached the 10.000 mark.

Premiumpress doesn’t win beauty prices in a comparison with other Directory Themes which you can find on the themegrove.. but it shows it’s real greatness when it comes to stability and performance!
    ..and for this case theres a saying: “A fat lady can loose weight and become prettier, but an ugly woman stays an ugly woman”

So i give my respect to Mark Fail and his team, keep it up :-)

Ps. Your feedback to the “living”-proof that premiumpress kicks ass, is welcome.

April 13, 2016 at 11:48 pm
  • Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 919 points

Nice work Arkadiusz!

A lot of new users end up giving up for various reasons and don’t stick with it long enough to see any success. Blaming the tools is a common occurrence :)

April 14, 2016 at 4:09 am
  • Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 420 points

Respekt Arkadiusz! Nice to hear the framework works well with 75k listings.

April 14, 2016 at 8:01 am
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Thanks for the feedback Arkadiusz :)

April 14, 2016 at 4:57 pm
  • MD Salahuddin
    MD Salahuddin
    Newbie 48 points

well i am here for a long time as well if not since 2012. sorry but since 2012 and still 2 point how come some one never came across a single bug/problem or help someone with there problem! are you seriouly in web development or is it a dark magic (backlink SEO)!!! i appriciate the comments you made the theme does come with handy fetures but look and feel is simple.

April 14, 2016 at 7:45 pm
  • MD Salahuddin
    MD Salahuddin
    Newbie 48 points

hope supergurus would appriciate my views as well

April 14, 2016 at 7:47 pm
  • Douglas
    Douglas
    Senior Member 102 points

Without Prejudice and only because you asked for feedback…

I don’t speak your language but I do know what Alpha Romeo is. I had one rust away on me about 30 years ago! You certainly have a nice looking site. I’m assuming it is selling damaged vehicles by just looking at the pictures and shopping cart symbol. You’ve done well to limit the images to your homepage. This helps with displaying listings quickly.

Without trying to bust you bubble about 75,000 listings… I actually tested Premium Press Directory against 5 other popular Directories given to me from Themeforest by a Computer software magazine. The measure of ‘how many listings can I have’ is not just adding listings until there is no more space on your host but on how a Directory or more precisely the underlying CMS (WordPress) handles 1000 or more simultaneous connections all trying to use the search facility whilst members are updating their listings. A real nightmare.

I’m very sorry to bring you the bad news but no WordPress directory using shared MYSQL for listings on a Cpanel host can stand up to that sort of load. Even on a co-located server, WordPress would struggle and constantly crash. It’s not the theme that can’t handle the load its WordPress itself. 75,000 listings is heading towards a farm of servers if it gets busy.

The only directory application I’ve seen and/or tested that can handle that sort of workload is a PHP directory from the former Soviet Union. Even then, it needed a massive cache and alteration to the code. It looked like something out of the ark on-screen. You wouldn’t want to deal with the author of that program either, I can assure you.

Congratulation on nice looking theme.

April 14, 2016 at 8:45 pm
  • Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 420 points

@Douglas: with dedicated server (+ssd disks) + load balancing + efficient server & mysql configuaration + good caching plugin + CDN, you can also handle high traffic loads for WP/DT.

As you also realised, the alternatives are not better.

What I am missing here is multilingual listing support (WPML compatibility) which is a must for international business. But this is already top voted feature request on ideas board:

http://ideas.premiumpress.com/idea-category/general-features/

Keep voting ;o)

April 15, 2016 at 11:20 am
  • Douglas
    Douglas
    Senior Member 102 points

Hello Adnan,
    Thanks for your contribution. As you pointed out, “load Balancing” is a key to getting high volume traffic working. This is no different from my description of “Server Farm”. One of older Directories was using the whole rack of 5 (dual xenon CPU servers) for load balancing in its hay day. When I tried to use WordPress and/or Joomla as a CMS, the whole thing bogged down.

You are absolutely right about all themes having the same Achilles heel. Some have fantastic support, some not so good and others no support. They all fall down when high loads are put on them once they rely on a CMS for function.

Unfortunately people today expect to be entertained as well as given information. I tried using videos for the entertainment part but gave up when high loads crashed Cpanel shared hosting. I doubt there are many (if any) buyers of Directory themes who intend or even have the knowledge to implement a dedicated (co-hosted) server. At several hundred dollars per month it is only high earning E commerce site owner who could afford it.

I have an Os-commerce site running on its own server but this does not rely on a CMS for its operation so it isn’t shackled to the same ball and chain as a ‘theme cart’ is.

Anyway… It’s good to hear from someone who knows whats involved when the heat gets turned up. Very few DIY website owners actually realize there is a potential 300 million customers out there in cyber space. Serving them, even reaching them is a complex process.

BTW, Smileys don’t work in this forum!

April 15, 2016 at 10:20 pm
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,709 points

:-)

April 16, 2016 at 1:44 am
  • Douglas
    Douglas
    Senior Member 102 points

Ha, ha… Good one Hemanta. :โ€‘) Only when you post with code.

April 16, 2016 at 4:57 am
  • Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 441 points

One of the nicest

October 7, 2016 at 2:03 pm
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team