Auto Population

• Steve

16 points

Hi, So I was recently setting up search fields etc and for Region it auto populated all cities etc which was very helpful got me, but I only need the UK regions and not any other countries. Is there any way I can make it so new users can only choose from the UK populated list when creating a listing? I would like to remove the other regions.

Thank you so much in advance!!
    -Ste

Steve

16 points

Also do you happen to know why on my home page search bar even when a listing has been created with a selected region, That region wont appear in the drop down menu? It is Just United Kindom label that drops down.

Julian

82 points

cheers have you tried custom fields and taxonomies ,,I had to create location city country ect,,,then they will show up in search..if you go into your members area go up to the more and hit video tutorials it shows how to do this..its easy ..I hope this may help…if you choose users listings when you set it up it will only display whom is registered in what country.(not full listings)..and if you dont see the plus sign beside the custom fields on right…its there..its just invisible hover over it and click

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,836 points

Hello Steve,
    You can remove countries and cities you don’t need from the file DT >framework >class >class_search.php

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

Steve

16 points

Thanks for the response, I managed to sort it out by editing the class_search.php.

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,836 points

Thanks for updating Steve :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.