Having a couple of issues with the mobile version of the AT theme:
1. No logo or banner displaying – just shows the Latest Listings, My Account, etc. blocks under the top navigation menu without my website logo or the advertisement.
2. The My Account, Blog and Contact Us blocks now showing empty pages when selected – used to go to these pages before, not sure why its not any more. (PP support had updated a couple of things on a previous ticket … maybe these updates messed up these blocks?)
One of the main things about mobile sites is being as lightweight and fast as possible, so this can lead to not having everything included as on a normal non-mobile page. Images are notorious for site loading issues with either mobile/non-mobile, so fewer images the better.
With that said, the logo and other items should come back if you turn OFF the “Mobile Website” setting (look under “Theme Setup >> Content Setup”). Also, don’t forget this setting is a “beta” version of the “Mobile Website” functionality.
Note: Turning this off could potentially result in the site not necessarily looking the way you want and/or may require further styling for mobile.
After turning off you may want to check the My Account, Blog and Contact Us blocks and see if they’re still blank.
I tried the site on mobile with Mobile Website turned off and didn’t like how it looked.
With Mobile Website turned on, you would think at least the website title would be shown somewhere. The mobile home page does not have the name of my website anywhere.
I also am still having problems with the My Account, Blog, and Contact Us links not working on mobile – and I know they were working before.
Food for thought… Under the “Mobile Setup” section you can change the “Home Setup” selection to “Recent Listings” and it will display the text in the “Mobile Logo” setting.
Note: The “Mobile Logo” setting text will actually be displayed on all of the pages, except on the home page unless the “Recent Listings” is selected.
As far as the pages, honestly, it could be any number of things, so it’s hard to say. I’d recommend contacting support/re-opening the ticket if you think it’s something they did.
Just following up that I opened a ticket and PPress went in and updated the mobile code to get the menus working again. Also found a way to at least add some text so the website name is on the home page without having to show recent listings on the home page. Thanks!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.