Arrows not showing on Listing Carousel

• Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Hi – I’m using the Old Home Page Editor for my home page as I want to change a few things from the default. However, when I add the Listing Carousel, every time when editing a listing carousel I click to set the display options for Control Arrows to “On”, it never saves it this way and is always set to “Off” – even after clicking on Save Changes after selecting “On”. Any ideas?

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Hello Kriss,
    Could you provide a URL to view the problem?
    First thought is conflicting and/or missing styles.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Thanks – the website is https://www.futuradomains.com – see the first carousel showing the latest listings – it has 5 per row and when I select arrows ON and then Save Changes, it doesn’t save the arrows ON – it shows as OFF again.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

I’m assuming you’re using the Page Builder, correct?

As soon as you change the “Display Arrows” to “Yes” and click the “Save” button, are you also saving the page right afterward?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

No – I didn’t like the way Page Builder was displaying items so set it up using the Old Home Page Editor.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Doh! I’m sorry, forgot you already mentioned it.

Ok, I’m able to replicate it, so now I can take a closer look.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Alright, I believe I’ve found the problem.
    The theme is referencing a different value than the “yes/no” setting values.

I’m assuming you have the “Show old home page design” setting turned on.
    Some core file changes would be needed, but if you’re comfortable doing it yourself then below is what you can do to fix

Make sure to make a backup of the files you’ll be editing beforehand.
    Two files need editing:
    “/AT/framework/class/class_objects.php”
    “/AT/framework/objects/object-carsousel.php”

File #1
    Open “/AT/framework/class/class_objects.php”
    Find the following code around line #3920:

if($core_admin_values['widgetobject']['carsousel'][$nrefid]['arrows'] == "top"){ $a1 = ""; $a2 = "selected=selected"; }else{ $a2 = ""; $a1 = "selected=selected"; }

And replace it with this:

if($core_admin_values['widgetobject']['carsousel'][$nrefid]['arrows'] == "top" ||
    			     $core_admin_values['widgetobject']['carsousel'][$nrefid]['arrows'] == "yes"){ $a1 = ""; $a2 = "selected=selected"; }else{ $a2 = ""; $a1 = "selected=selected"; }

Note: This will display the “Off”/”On” value correctly.

File #2
    Open “/AT/framework/objects/objects_carsousel.php”
    Find the following code around line #50:

if( $arrows == "top" && strlen($tttile) != ""){

And replace with:

if( ($arrows == "top" || $arrows == "yes") && strlen($tttile) != ""){

Note: Thiss will help display the arrows correctly.

Also the following code around line #81:

if( $arrows == "top" && strlen($tttile) == ""){

And replace with:

if( ($arrows == "top" || $arrows == "yes") && strlen($tttile) == ""){

Note: Thiss will help display the arrows correctly.

Heh… hope it’s not an overload. 😉

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Sorry James – I made these 3 edits and the arrows still do not show on the carousel.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Did you go through the setup process after the changes were made?
    If so, were you able to verify that the “Display Arrows” saved as “Yes” and save the page settings?

Also, note that the arrows should appear in the top right corner of the title box.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Thanks James – had to go back into the page settings are re-set the display arrows to “Yes” – so the new code now works. Thanks again!

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

So … now that the arrows are working, now all of the snippets for all listings on the home page are using text from my Getting Started page. If you click on “All Listings” (which goes into the search module), all snippets are correct. How did the home page snippets all change to the text from a different page?

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

“How did the home page snippets all change to the text from a different page?”
    No clue. Not sure what you’re referring to and the home page looked fine.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Home page under the featured carousel, first listing is cmy.io. The text snippet says:

“Welcome to Futura Domains! We’re glad you’re here. Futura Domains is your place to buy and sell domain names, and make a few friends while you’re at it. We’ll help you learn h”

This is the opening paragraph to the Getting Started page.

Click on the listing or go into search results, and the snippet will read:

“This auction is for the domain name cmy.io – a 3L .io domain name – could be used for a startup involved with color (cyan, magenta, yellow). Registered at GoDaddy Expiration 7/6/2018 Free ”

This is what should also be showing on the home page, but for some reason, all of the listings are showing the Getting Started opening paragraph as the text snippet.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Elite Member

554 points

Ahhh, gotcha.

The above code shouldn’t have any impact on the display of anything other than the arrows.

Have you edited any of the listing templates and/or display type settings?

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

The only other recent changes that have been made were by Zarko – but these were for the mobile settings so the bidding box displayed and top navigation links worked properly on mobile web.

I had previous modifications made in a child theme by codeable to fix the bidding increments to a minimum of $5, fix the text in the “not yet met reserve” box, and eliminate decimal point bids.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.