am I going Insane?..lol

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Dating Theme am I going Insane?..lol

am I going Insane?..lol

October 17, 2017
 Julian

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

Cheers to anyone whom may have an actual solution..

I added a profile.(me) to my dating website..I fill out the fields then add my photo..photo shows on account as small thumb nail (croppy.).but doesn’t show on the profile when you view it…I check in folders with Cpanel..and they go into wordpress Img folder…I have tried different sizes and media settings…user has to upload a pic…etc..all settings are on..I have deleted the site again to start from scratch because I want to make sure this isn’t an HTTPS issue..is the answer to do HTTP instead?…but is that not going to be unsecured for payments? (that’s if this is the issue..why photos wont show on user profile)..so basically..when a user adds their profile..why is the photo not showing on profile…lots of people have had this issue..but no one posts the fix after they have fixed it..lol..cheers all and Thanks in advance!

Oct 17/2017

October 17, 2017 at 9:17 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Julian,
    Please provide a screenshot of the section you are referring to

October 18, 2017 at 1:24 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

cheers

I do not have a screen shot..cuz I want to make sure its not the same problem calling stuff on HTTPS…cuz the builder doesnt work with HTTPS so I thought maybe one and the same…I will try again with HTTP…but the site has to be HTTPS needs to be secure..payments will be made eventually…so thats why I want to know if its the protocol or just some bug…I can live without builder cause I have it all on local drive..anyways let me know and in mean time I will keep plugging away and send screen shot..(all it is is the profile wont show pic after user uploads). I have done all solutions from other posts…Thanks Again in Advance!!

October 18, 2017 at 5:20 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Profile Pictures are working correctly.Am guessing you are referring to the Author widget image.Author widget can be uploaded under Dashboard >My Account >Display Photo but you must enable ‘Show User Photo Upload’ under Theme Setup >User Setup

October 18, 2017 at 5:27 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

Ya I just mean once a user adds a profile the picture the upload should show..or the 8 images they can upload..one of them..I am just starting again and now I can see a pic when I look under users..I am doing HTTP now…

but quick question so I don’t have to start a New Thread….
    If you go to mylifeitis.com the nav bar is pink…I used this code is CSS custom area (cuz the menu colors dont seem to do anything for nav bar) **website nav bar with category pull down**

#wlt_smalldevicemenubar a.b1 {
    background: #4F4A4D;
    }

it works on cellphone but it doesn’t work on PC browser what code can I use so it looks the same on browser as it does cellphone..I usually just inspect element to get codes..but I’m not sure which one for the PC browser ..Thanks

October 18, 2017 at 8:18 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Julian,
    Q1.It would be easy to help if you did provide a screenshot of the section you are referring to
    Q2.Please provide site link so I can provide code

October 19, 2017 at 5:04 pm

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points

its ok now..I used HTTP and its all good now…but what is weird is that when the user makes a profile then logs back into account hits edit profile…they are back at a blank user fields again to fill out a second time…not sure whats happening there..Have you heard this before?

cheers

October 19, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team