Additional email ability

WordPress Business Themes Forums Responsive Themes Classifieds Theme Additional email ability

Additional email ability

October 24, 2017
 Becca

• Becca
    Newbie 39 points

I would like users to be able to respond directly to the email that is sent when someone fills out the contact form on a listing.
    Currently, the user would fill out the Inquire form and an email is sent to the seller saying they received a message.
    Instead of having to then login to the website is there a way for the user to just respond to that email and it will be sent to the user? Users & sellers are both registered but I do not necessarily want email addresses to be shown, at least not for initial contact.
    Is there something easy to integrate?

October 24, 2017 at 9:21 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Becca,
    In your ‘New Message Received’ email template include the (email) shortcode.This way the listing owner or the user receiving the message can use the sender email to reply directly

October 25, 2017 at 12:08 pm

• Becca
    Newbie 39 points

That would work if I wanted them to be able to email directly. I do not want to be giving out email addresses. I want them to just be able to hit reply, have it enter into the system as well as send emails (kind of like Zendesk, if you are familiar).

I am concerned about giving out any information via email as I can’t even use the shortcode (username) in emails because the recipient is getting emails saying they have an email saying hello sender-username-here. So sellers are getting emails saying hello to the person contacting them.

October 25, 2017 at 12:16 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Unfortunately you will need some customization to achieve this.Currently you can only reply to a sender from My Account >My Messages section

October 25, 2017 at 12:43 pm

• Becca
    Newbie 39 points

Do you know if there is any type of plugin or would this be something to custom code?

October 26, 2017 at 2:38 pm
  • Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru 13,887 points

Hello Becca,
    Like I mentioned above you will need some customization to achieve this
    Unfortunately i have not come across any plugin otherwise I could have already shared it

October 26, 2017 at 3:29 pm
  • Michel
    Michel
    Newbie 11 points

Hello Becca,
    Owners registered on my directory are unable to reply easily to a form received from a visitor. . The sender email appears clearly but not as a link. So most of them reply to the administrator email.
    Is your problem the same ??
    Is there something new from last october ?
    Thanks for your answer.
    Michel from France

April 9, 2018 at 11:56 am
  • Jason
    Jason
    Titan 771 points

Here it is, From Richard Bonk who no longer sells the plugin. You will have to it try is on both ways & I’ll show you what I mean both ways.

1st. Install plugin and activate as per normal.
    2nd. Use the shortcode [CONTACTFORM] where yo want the EMAIL MSG button to appear like this e.g. in ThemSetup>PageSetup>ListingPage:
    Link: http://prntscr.com/j31lkn

If the EMAIL button when used keeps asking for ENTER NAME this is other with yr theme setup, then must use the side bar instead and never fails.
    Link: http://prntscr.com/j31qti
    Link: http://prntscr.com/j31rkp

Attached Plugin. I also changed it a lil bit so the ADMIN stopped receiving the duplicate messages when users interact between each other.

All emails from now on go through Emails insted of internal msg system within theme. There should be an option within the theme to switch this on/off but isn’t

Have fun as that should hopefully deal with yr issues, have a great day

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 9, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team