• Mike
    Mike
    Titan

775 points

@Mark F FYI

There are no controls for adjusting the background image
    The background colour selector does not save

going to add this to stylesheet for now

Thanks for keeping the old home page designer – the new one is a bit overwhelming to learn over night!

Sven
    Sven

29 points

This is a must, I spent several hours searching for a way to change the background image / color in the backend. Thank you for sharing this Mike, I also had to modify the stylesheet…

Anthony
    Anthony

303 points

We too are looking for this solution. Can you share?

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,208 points

click on customizer and set the background options there as normal in WP.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,208 points

this is also covered in the video tutorials here;

Sven
    Sven

29 points

Hello Mark, the problem is those controls are not working (at least in 8.9). I tried on 2 different sites (Real Estate and Car Dealer themes) and changes made there didn’t work.

Anthony
    Anthony

303 points

Nope does nothing. Removing the background and header both changes nothing. Also posted this in MJ theme forum. Like to fix this soon :-)

Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru

12,208 points

the issue will be that the theme your using has a background image already set and so your changes are being set behind the existing background and therefore not visible.

whats your site link?

Brian
    Brian

86 points

If using on localhost I agree the customizer doesn’t work / update.

Mike
    Mike
    Titan

775 points

@Mark F

If I now upgrade from 8.8 to 8.9 – will this update change the site background at all? or any other customisations – I always use variations on Lifty Child Theme.

The principle problem is that – It takes ages to resolve the required CSS alterations to ensure the background is as it should be – since in 8.8 it was a very simple edit in the Theme Editor – which simply over – rode the stylesheet [& what was contained therein].

In 8.9 the stylesheet clashes with the NEW Theme Editor and gives the stylesheet priority.

So it is fast becoming highly confusing between the classes in the stylesheet and the [now] vast array of Theme Editing Tools….and essentially whats been done in which.

The massive list of styles does not help & its taken ages to identify some key Styles….

I guess the Theme Editing tools are intended to add simplification. Thanks for 8.9 BTW

Julian

90 points

how do we change this then?..get rid of pic over top so we can change background colors?..dating theme S1

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,888 points

Hello Julian,
    Please provide a screenshot of the section you are referring to,or site link

Julian

90 points

I hope screen shot comes through..I used a docx…

what we or I need to accomplish is…I use the S1 dating child theme..you cant really control the background wrapper color I guess it would be..its all white in background…I need it a different color…I have shut off all buttons..tried numerous numerous combinations of settings…code..etc..so without deleting the .jpg from server it all stays there…but besides that..I can live with front page look…My MAIN concern is … if you look at the screen shot..if it comes through..its the account page pre built with theme..underneath (the background) is all white..I want to change this color..I presume its the wrapper?…Ive tried code ..the inspector and nothing will change the background..I would prefer not to go on file server and screw with any files..Thanks in Advance

EDIT: Screen shot doesn’t go through..but I hope you get the Gist

Julian

90 points

Cheers ..Just an update..I manged to get the background by this code added in customization area..additional CSS…it works but should the code be somewhere else..this is the code I used..

#core_padding {
    background: #000000;
    }

Gives me all black…now I just have to figure how to change the other boxes on the page..with their own color…accounts options box.. quick links box..etc..Then I think I’m all good..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.