30 Day Listings Only?

• Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

When a user creates a new listing, they get a choices for how long the auction will be, like 1 day, 3 days, 21 days, 30 days. I tried 2 sample auctions through users and on one of them I picked a 3 day auction and another one I picked a 21 day auction, each time, the auction was set for 30 days. Why doesn’t the auction length match what the user selected from the pull down menu when setting up the listing?

I am using a Listing Package as a way to get the users to pay for each auction listing.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

Also, the Listing Package has a setting under Listing Expiry Options: Days Before Expire is set to max 30 days.

JamesD
    JamesD
    Titan

661 points

Hello Kriss,

“Also, the Listing Package has a setting under Listing Expiry Options: Days Before Expire is set to max 30 days.”
    If I’m understanding you correctly, that isn’t the “max” setting, but the actual days you want the package listing to expire. Under each package place the correct number of days that package should have.

Kriss
    Kriss

16 points

I only wanted one listing package and have the user choose the number of days they want the auction to list from the pull-down menu.

I figured it out by going way back in forum posts – Mark had posted about 4 years ago to use 0 in the Listing Package setup, and that will allow the user to select how many days the auction will run for without having to create separate Listing Packages for each auction duration.

Thanks!

Josh
    Josh
    Super Guru

13,887 points

Thanks for updating Kriss :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.